Saturday, March 19, 2011

Let Us Tweet

For those of you who do not know, P..J. Crowley was the State Department spokesman until Sunday. Much to my disappointment, he resigned over a comment that was controversial although probably correct. Bottom line, I think that it is unfair to punish the messenger who has the resolve to speak what may be on less resolved minds.

However, the former United States Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs and former Air Force Colonel’s resignation also has spelled the demise of the State Department top Twitterer, at least temporarily. While his career was long and distinguished, he began Tweeting in May of last year. I defer to Josh Rogin’s piece in Foreign Policy for his top ten Tweets. Strangely, his resignation highlighted at least for me and in this relevant context, the power of Twitter. Therefore, I think that my original position of Twitter ignorance should be supplanted by one of participation, particularly given my international affairs interest. I announce that ZackInGhana has added a supplemental Twitter, unimaginatively named @ZackInGhana. While I will save you all the agony of following me on Twitter initially, Twitter will host all future Twits although I have added a Twitter sidebar to this blog.

While burning rubber on a motorcycle is annoying in the USA, this is a country where new tires are a luxury… and it is 11pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment